Die-hard Gators fans. But we love analyzing all sports.
We realize that most people don’t have a true understanding of what statistics is and that is perfectly fair. We hope to relay statistical information to sports fans in plain terms that make them easier to use. But, this is the internet. And there are a tremendous amount of ridiculously stupid people with keyboards and an agenda. So, if you’re looking for us to support a narrative that is statistically unsupportable, then this is not for you. Keep in mind, we collect data, analyze the data, and report the findings. If these findings don’t mesh with your pre-conceived notions and hurt you, well then… lol.
We also realize we are not perfect and will mess things up. Rest assured, we will correct and admit our screw-ups.
Keep in mind the following guide- it is a categorization of types of replies we receive. If we classify a reply or comment as one of the categories below, it saves time:
Standard Operating Reply Type (SORT):
- Ignant. The replier did not read the analysis and jumped to a conclusion not consistent with that of the post. Trolls are included here.
- BYOB. Brought your own bias. Maybe you read the analysis, but you did so solely with the idea of refutation rather than honest dialogue.
- Picker of Nits. There is enough understanding of the analysis (you actually read it). These repliers may make legitimate critiques but do so without putting the entire analysis in context. Typically, these individuals are more concerned with ‘gotcha’ rather than furthering the conversation.
- Honest critique. Informed and understanding of context. Seeks to provide honest feedback to further the dialogue and therefore improve the communal understanding of the phenomenon in question.
- Fist Bump. Thankful for the content. Self-assured enough to say so.
- Inquisitor. Honest attempt to understand the analysis and provide feedback in the form of a question.
“The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.”